Pages

BMW Gran Coupe Concept

This concept was presented recently in Beijing and it seems that Bavarians want to put this model into mass production, unfortunately, not tomorrow. But only at the end of 2011. If it hits the market, she'll have some serious rivals, since it is about the Mercedes CLS and the future Audi A7. Certainly will be a very tough fight. The reason this concept was presented in Beijing was the public reaction regarding this model. Personally, I'm not too delighted by it. Looks great, but it seems veiled by some simpleness, which I didn't thought I will ever meet on BMW models, is somehow in contrast to the typical BMW style with which we've been accustomed for several years since. Reminds me of the '90s BMW models.

BMW Gran Coupe is a very homogeneous mixture between a sports car and a sedan. The back is what attracts my attention the most. Is kind of a mix between BMW 6 Series and BMW 5 Series. It might seem ridiculous, but whatching it, without wanting i'm thinking to the Peugeot 406. The form of the rear part is quite similar to that of 406. I do not know if the Germans had used as source of inspiration the famous French model, but ...

Gran Coupe doesn't seem so provocative as it is for example a BMW M5 or M6. The GranCoupe looks something more discreet. I love exhausts which adds some extra aggression.

The car has a length of 5 meters and a height of 1.4 meters.

I think in terms of design, there will be some changes to the serial version. There are not disclosed information regarding the motorization.